The children are here. It has been so busy here the last couple days. I had quite possibly the worst day ever the other day. Me and Keeley had to follow around Camp Trucking which is the company that delivers all the campers huge duffle bags. (PS, Keeley is here! YAY!) The guys were rude and jerky and hated us just on principal I think. The trucks were all packed wrong and then they were mad and everything it was horrible. It went from 9:30am, until 7:30 pm. We missed dinner and were hot and sweaty and it was horrible. Then I finally got back to my bunk and I was informed that I had to go take a test. The test was 47 questions, and the answering session was soooooo long I was brimming with tears for most of the time. THEN we were supposed to have another meeting after which I was so upset and tired that I skipped (though, they actually rescheduled it). I just took a shower and jumped in a car to go drink, which was the only thing that I wanted at that moment haha.
BUT, the children are now here and I'm excited. I just got back from dinner and it was with all the tiny little cute ones. I went up to one of my friends here and asked him about his kids and he seemed just smitten with them, it was so cute. We will see how the rest of the time goes, but those tiny ones are just so cute.
My shifts are entirely 12 hours long. In all fairness I do get to leave to go to meals and stuff like that, but seriously, I'm in and out of the office for 12 hours. I'm kind of exhausted. I work and then go out and then I'm pooped. Though I'm stuck in camp from Yesterday at 11:00 until Monday. It's supposed to help get the campers all settled and whatnot, since I don't have campers though, I feel as though I should be allowed out. WHATEV.
Piss off moment of the day? Today at dinner one of the directors came up to me and the girl that I was sitting with and told us that we were sitting at the wrong table because we are office girls and we are to be separate from the others. We were sitting with one group head and then some traveling coaches who are basically just girls who walk the youngest boys to and from activities. The group heads are in charge of the kids and higher up, but they are still our friends and I have been sitting with them the entire time we've been here. He started by saying, "don't take this the wrong way, but you can't sit at the round tables anymore, we need you to sit at the rectangular tables. We discuss things here during meals and you'll have to move to another table". Well hello mister high and mighty, nice to meet you. He is also the man who yelled at me in the office the other day and when I apologized he yelled at me for apologizing. He makes me feel anxious.
Everyone else is really cool though, I'm already in love with about ten of the kids and there are probably two or three counselors who I just adore. One is from Holland and he calls me "my Diana" its adorable. Also he said that I am his favorite office girl because I'm the only one who can pronounce his name correctly. He's just the cutest and they have him with the tiniest little kids which is even cuter. Ok, no more gushing about my little Dutchman haha. Back to answering frantic calls from Moms who had kids forget their blanky ... yikes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment